IN THIS SECTION:
Registration at LDTA
- Once a student is registered, they enroll in classes for the academic year (34 weeks, August through May). Students are encouraged to join LDTA mid-year if they miss the August start date.
- Students’ class schedules remain the same from the fall term (16 weeks) to the spring term (18 weeks), and enrollment is carried over.
- Summer registration (8 weeks) is separate.
- The LDTA office staff will fill out an Enrollment Card per student. This card includes the student’s name and the class(es) for which the student is enrolled.
- Enrollment is on a first-come, first-served basis. LDTA limits class sizes in order to offer students the highest quality dance education. Therefore, families are encouraged to enroll early. Any class with fewer than four enrolled students is subject to cancellation.
- Class level is determined by age or placement class and any previous dance experience.
- Summer Intensive Program placement is based on the student’s current level.
- Longmont Dance Theatre Academy reserves the right to revise the curriculum and schedule, as well as to adjust a student’s placement if deemed necessary by the Artistic Director and teaching staff.
- Additional classes may be added to the schedule as enrollment demands.
- Upon enrollment, students are charged for the full year. Please review the payment policies section for complete payment information.
Class Withdrawal Policy
- To withdraw from a class, you MUST DO SO IN WRITING to the LDTA office. Until students are formally withdrawn, you will be financially liable for the entire term’s tuition. Please review the Financial Policies section for potential penalty fee information.
- Withdrawal from or return to class due to a prolonged illness or injury must be verified with a physician’s written consent.
Tuition Payment Options are as follows:
- Pre-payment for the year – Patrons paying tuition in full by the first day of class will be given a 5% discount.
- Installment plan – This option is available for patrons choosing to pay the full tuition in installments on defined due dates. Automatic credit card installment payments are available and preferred. Please refer to Page 11 for Installment Tuition Due Dates.
- Drop-in tuition – This option is offered to our Open Division adult students. Payment must be made prior to each class taken.
- Punch card: Pre-pay for 5 classes ($75) or 10 classes ($140) at a time.
- Tuition at LDTA may be paid by credit card, check, or cash. Credit card information is NOT kept on file; information must be updated upon enrollment.
- For patrons paying by the installment plan, the credit card will be automatically charged on each installment due date (See Page 11 for due dates).
- A non-refundable registration fee of $25 per student or $35 per family is due on or before the first week of classes.
- Tuition is based on 34-week formula for the academic year and an 8-week formula for summer. Annual holiday breaks have been accounted for in these tuition formulas.
- Tuition will be pro-rated for students who enroll after the second week any semester.
- Tuition will not be pro-rated for vacations or missed classes, and no credits or refunds will be given for absences during a tuition period.
- Make-up classes are strongly encouraged. (Please see the Make-up Policy on Page 18.)
- For a receipt, please enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope along with any payments.
- LDTA sends out account statements prior to the final installment due date as a friendly reminder to all patrons regarding their account status. LDTA thanks its installment plan patrons for paying their installments by or on the due dates.
- As some parents who drop-off/pick-up their students for classes are often unavailable for LDTA administrators to hand out statements, LDTA may ask students to deliver sealed statements to their parents/guardians.
- If an account is regularly delinquent, LDTA will assess a Late Payment Fee of $15.
- An additional $31 charge may be assessed for each returned check and declined credit card transaction.
- If a student’s account is delinquent, the office will notify the family, and students may not be allowed to attend class, perform in any recitals/performances, or pick up any recital/performance costumes.
- Please call the school office to make any special arrangements regarding tuition payment.
- Withdrawals within the first four weeks of a term will be subject to a $50 penalty fee.
- Withdrawals after four weeks will be subject to a penalty fee equal to 50% of the total tuition due for the remainder of the present term.
- If a student withdrawals at term break (between fall and spring), no penalty fee will be charged.
For more information about our Ballet School, please see the Student Handbook.
©Longmont Dance Theatre │ 1422 Nelson Road │ Longmont, CO 80501 │ 303.772.1335