Longmont Department of Recreation
Longmont Dance Theatre Academy collaborates with the City of Longmont Recreation Department to offer beginning dance classes for our community. Please visit www.LongmontColorado.gov to register for Summer 2018 class offerings. Online registration is available beginning Thursday, March 1 for Summer Dance Camps and Tuesday, April 3 for weekly class offerings. Weekly classes are 6 weeks in length. Contact LDT Academy at 303-772-1335 or email us if you have any questions!
TuTu Terrific and Timestep Tapper Attire
Girls: Black leotard, no unattached skirts; pink full-footed tights; pink leather ballet slippers; black tap shoes; hair in secure bun/pulled away from the neck and face
Boys: White fitted t-shirt or white tucked in t-shirt; black cotton pants/shorts; white socks; black leather ballet slippers; black tap shoes
Girls: Leotard of any style and color; tan, non-shiny tights; Lycra jazz pants or lycra bike shorts, black tap shoes or black jazz shoes (class appropriate). No baggy clothes; no sneakers; no jeans; hair must be pulled back from face and neck.
Boys: T-shirt of any color; Lycra jazz pants or lycra bike shorts; black tap shoes or black jazz shoes (class appropriate); no baggy clothes; no sneakers; no jeans.
Ballet Dance Class Attire
- Any style solid black leotard (no designs or sequins) or Ballet Recital blue/purple Leotard with attached skirt; no unattached skirts. No shirts of any kind may be worn over leotard during class. No shorts, capris, pants, or legwarmers allowed in Ballet Division classes and rehearsals.
- Pink canvas or leather ballet slippers with drawstring bows tucked in.
- Hair must be in a secure bun or pulled away from the neck and face; no swinging ponytails. Female students with short hair must use a headband and also secure the hair in the back.
- Full-footed tights: Ballet Pink, Bloch Endura Adaptatoe convertible tights with seams.
- White fitted t-shirt or LDTA tank; dark colored (black preferred) jazz/yoga pants, shorts, or tights; white socks; black leather or canvas ballet slippers
- Male students with long hair must arrange hair off of the face and secure in a ponytail.
Additional Ballet Division Dress Code Requirements for classes, auditions, and rehearsals:
- No dangly earrings longer than 1 inch. No necklaces, bracelets, anklets, rings, or watches allowed. Stud earrings are acceptable.
- Elastics and ribbons on ballet slippers and pointe shoes must be properly sewn.
- All students should carry a dance notebook with them at all times so that they may be prepared to take notes regarding classes and rehearsals.
Girls: Leotard of any style and color; any color footless tights; no shoes or sock; hair pulled back from face and neck.
Boys: T-shirt of any color; loose fitting pants (no jeans); no shoes/socks.
Additional Dress Code considerations:
- For security reasons, street clothing and street shoes are required when entering and exiting the building. Dance shoes are prohibited from being worn outside the studio.
- For hygienic reasons, shoes must be worn at all times inside the building except during modern, conditioning, and ballet in the air classes.